SOLVEDTask Sequence to prepare new image failed due to UEFI enabled only device (HP Z2 workstation)

K

KHuang

我们使用任务序列准备窗口形象for the new devices, It went well while both UEFI and Legacy boot are enabled in the BIOS .. We recently purchase HP Z2 workstations without the Legacy boot option in the BIOS, The Task Sequence, then failed, with the error message " ... with the error code 0x9004255a in the task sequence step "Partition Disk 0 - UEFI"... any suggestion and advise is very much appreciated.. Thanks
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

我们使用任务序列准备窗口形象for the new devices, It went well while both UEFI and Legacy boot are enabled in the BIOS .. We recently purchase HP Z2 workstations without the Legacy boot option in the BIOS, The Task Sequence, then failed, with the error message " ... with the error code 0x9004255a in the task sequence step "Partition Disk 0 - UEFI"... any suggestion and advise is very much appreciated.. Thanks

this has nothing to do with legacy or UEFI. this is probably a storage driver issue thats missing from your boot image (in case this is a new hardware).
try to start the command prompt while the task sequence is running and check if your hard disk is available. disk part command will list all devices. you can check the TS log too for more details.
OP
K

KHuang

this has nothing to do with legacy or UEFI. this is probably a storage driver issue thats missing from your boot image (in case this is a new hardware).
try to start the command prompt while the task sequence is running and check if your hard disk is available. disk part command will list all devices. you can check the TS log too for more details.
Thanks. I later on discover the secure boot was disabled default in BIOS . The TS run successful after I enable it. I appreciate your comment and input. Thanks again and have a nice day
Reactions: AhmedLS