PENDINGPower BI updates are not detected as required

WasifAQ

WasifAQ

Power BI is installed on end user computers but the latest update is not getting detected as required.
I have tried running Hardware Inventory cycle and Software Updates Evaluation cycle but the problem still remains.

It can be seen clearly in the below pic that 218 machines have 2.94.921.0 so why are they not showing under the "Required" column for newer updates?
Ideally, required should be 218 for both but it is only 18 & 15. What am I missing?

1627905872720.png
Below is the currently installed versions of Power BI Desktop across the machines, if that helps.
1627907503380.png
Has someone faced a similar problem? Any recommendations are welcome.
p.s. The Power BI updates were published via Ivanti

Attachments

• 1627905712231.png
    1627905712231.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1627907183795.png
    1627907183795.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 1
Solution
WasifAQ
Finally got it solved by updating .Net Framework.
Apparently .Net Framework 4.8 is required by the latest version of Power BI.
Garth

Garth

Staff member
你需要看看你的查询集合determine how it is being detect (aka ARP vs win app). Then look at the WUA log to if it is being detect, finally look at the detection rules and compare them to your computer.
OP
WasifAQ

WasifAQ

你需要看看你的查询集合determine how it is being detect (aka ARP vs win app). Then look at the WUA log to if it is being detect, finally look at the detection rules and compare them to your computer.
The collection query is based on installed software.
WUA log may not be applicable here because the currently installed apps were installed normally by the EXE setup file and not installed as a software update.
Garth

Garth

Staff member
The collection query is based on installed software.
WUA log may not be applicable here because the currently installed apps were installed normally by the EXE setup file and not installed as a software update.
Yes WUA would apply still.
OP
WasifAQ

WasifAQ

Finally got it solved by updating .Net Framework.
Apparently .Net Framework 4.8 is required by the latest version of Power BI.
Solution
S

Strahinja JANACEK

Power BI is installed on end user computers but the latest update is not getting detected as required.
I have tried running Hardware Inventory cycle and Software Updates Evaluation cycle but the problem still remains.

It can be seen clearly in the below pic that 218 machines have 2.94.921.0 so why are they not showing under the "Required" column for newer updates?
Ideally, required should be 218 for both but it is only 18 & 15. What am I missing?

View attachment 3792
Below is the currently installed versions of Power BI Desktop across the machines, if that helps.
View attachment 3794
Has someone faced a similar problem? Any recommendations are welcome.
p.s. The Power BI updates were published via Ivanti
How did you got the Power BI Updates into SCCM? How can I enable them?
I have few clients, where I need to update Power Bi Desktop.
OP
WasifAQ

WasifAQ

How did you got the Power BI Updates into SCCM? How can I enable them?
I have few clients, where I need to update Power Bi Desktop.
There are 3rd party add-ons available in the market. I used the one called Ivanti.
OR
If it is only for 1 app, then you can create an application package every time they release a new version.