PENDINGOSD not installing SCCM client

D

Djal

Hello everyone
我停留几周以来,里面一个问题an OSD Task Sequence.
After the Action "Setup Windows and Confgr", the computer reboot on the logon screen, without any error dialog.
After investigation, i can see that the client is not installed, and i cannot figure out what is the reason.
重要:This issue only happens on Virtual Machine.
I tried :
- Other DP
- Redeploy the client on DP's
- Change properties of the VIrtual machne with the virtualization team.
Even MS Support cannot help me with that
Here is the ccmsetup.log and the smsts.log.
Anyone could help me with this please ?

Thxs

Attachments

• ccmsetup.log
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • smsts.log
    945.3 KB · Views: 2
j_dahl9

j_dahl9

Staff member
@Djal, do you see success with the SCCM client installing on other VMs, or is it just this specific VM? I will review the logs you gave today and report back.
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

as far as the ccmsetup.log is concerned, this file is showing the client upgrade process which is failing to install the latest client on your CM server. do you run two versions ? productions and pilot ?
for the smsts.log there is a WMI step for VMware and there are conditions on that step
1669712290280.png
not sure how do you run your task sequence and whats on that WMI query but thats where you need to look for the issues. did you provide the SMSMP variable in the step for installing config manager ?
OP
D

Djal

Thxs for answering.
Yes you right, the version in the .wim is the one we used since the 20H2 TS (5.00.9068.1012).
And the newer one is the one which comes with the 2111 Confmgr Version (5.00.9068.1026).
So it seems that it tries to upgrade the client, and that this step is failing.
Condition for the Vmware step is only to apply the drivers, and this part is ok, drivers are fine (network and mass storage). We can see that the new client is downloaded correctly.
No, we do not provide the MP in the commande line because we have multiple site with sevreral MP, but AD sites does the job and as we can see in the log, the good one is targeted.
OP
D

Djal

Anyone please, I'm stuck with this issue since nearly one month.
As advised by MS, i run the same TS with a Vanilla .wim (so no SCCM client inside), and same thing! Client not installing
Last edited:
j_dahl9

j_dahl9

Staff member
@Djal, a potential workaround that you could do is use 2 TS and have your client do an auto-install. Essentially you would have to set up to image using one TS and join the domain. TS #2 could then run automatically to install the software. I have seen this be an issue for others as well. Have you tried to rebuild the WIM file as well?
OP
D

Djal

@Djal, a potential workaround that you could do is use 2 TS and have your client do an auto-install. Essentially you would have to set up to image using one TS and join the domain. TS #2 could then run automatically to install the software. I have seen this be an issue for others as well. Have you tried to rebuild the WIM file as well?
Thxs for helping.
I tried with a Vanilla .wim, and same issue. So i presume that my .wim is not the cause.
Really, i'd like to maintain the same TS for all my machine. This used to work since 10 years without any issue, and it still works on physicals and even on some VM (different ESX). But i already worked with virtual teams and nothing relevant spoted (same conf)
OP
D

Djal

If I disable the VMware driver step, so the TS does not fail. (The client is not updated), but I have no network after reboot.so it fails after whenever I try to get from DP
OP
D

Djal

When the confmgr step is running, I checked (F8) and I have network during the step (can see in the log that new client is downloaded)
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

When the confmgr step is running, I checked (F8) and I have network during the step (can see in the log that new client is downloaded)
am out of ideas mate but i never in my life captured an image with CM client already installed because sysprep messes up the WMI and cm client is depenedent on it.
the second thing is that i stopped using wim files long time ago. i deploy a package of windows files (expaded iso). the windows iso is easy to update when microsoft monthly updates are released. the weird thing is that your TS is working on computers but not VMs. i still think it is a hardware/driver issue as this is the only thing that is different.
one more thing is that the network drivers for vmware are already available on windows so i am not sure about the part where you say the network is not available when disabling the driver install step.
i deploy the vmware tools iso as a package after the computer starts to login window.
try to create a test tasksequence with windows files instead of wim and deploy to test VM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaoutlaw