PENDINGOSD not installing SCCM client

D

Djal

Hello everyone
I'm stuck since several weeks with an issue inside an OSD Task Sequence.
After the Action "Setup Windows and Confgr", the computer reboot on the logon screen, without any error dialog.
After investigation, i can see that the client is not installed, and i cannot figure out what is the reason.
重要:This issue only happens on Virtual Machine.
I tried :
- Other DP
- Redeploy the client on DP's
- Change properties of the VIrtual machne with the virtualization team.
Even MS Support cannot help me with that
Here is the ccmsetup.log and the smsts.log.
Anyone could help me with this please ?

Thxs

Attachments

• ccmsetup.log
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • smsts.log
    945.3 KB · Views: 2
j_dahl9

j_dahl9

Staff member
@Djal, do you see success with the SCCM client installing on other VMs, or is it just this specific VM? I will review the logs you gave today and report back.
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

as far as the ccmsetup.log is concerned, this file is showing the client upgrade process which is failing to install the latest client on your CM server. do you run two versions ? productions and pilot ?
for the smsts.log there is a WMI step for VMware and there are conditions on that step
1669712290280.png
not sure how do you run your task sequence and whats on that WMI query but thats where you need to look for the issues. did you provide the SMSMP variable in the step for installing config manager ?
OP
D

Djal

Thxs for answering.
Yes you right, the version in the .wim is the one we used since the 20H2 TS (5.00.9068.1012).
And the newer one is the one which comes with the 2111 Confmgr Version (5.00.9068.1026).
So it seems that it tries to upgrade the client, and that this step is failing.
Condition for the Vmware step is only to apply the drivers, and this part is ok, drivers are fine (network and mass storage). We can see that the new client is downloaded correctly.
No, we do not provide the MP in the commande line because we have multiple site with sevreral MP, but AD sites does the job and as we can see in the log, the good one is targeted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harry.dallas96