NEWOption conditions on restart computer in task sequences

B

Betel-25Jolly

I've a task sequence that in a step installs or not MS .Net Framework 4.8 based on the value of the version stored in the system registry.
If the .Net Framework version 4.8 is already present in the system registry, the installation step is not executed with a condition based on a custom task sequence variable (stored in a previous step script). Everything works correctly. But then I would like to carry out the restart computer step, which follows
installation of the .Net Framework 4.8, only if this installation has actually been performed and NOT if it was skipped due because of previous unverified condition. How can I do it? I hope I was able to explain myself...
Garth

Garth

Staff member
I've a task sequence that in a step installs or not MS .Net Framework 4.8 based on the value of the version stored in the system registry.
If the .Net Framework version 4.8 is already present in the system registry, the installation step is not executed with a condition based on a custom task sequence variable (stored in a previous step script). Everything works correctly. But then I would like to carry out the restart computer step, which follows
installation of the .Net Framework 4.8, only if this installation has actually been performed and NOT if it was skipped due because of previous unverified condition. How can I do it? I hope I was able to explain myself...
What have you tried? And what is not working for you? what do the logs say is happening?