PENDINGMicrosoft Office client installation wizard error 0x80004001

A

Ahmed Hassan

I am trying to add an office 365 installer from sccm console office 365 client management but I always get an error during the office setting step "failed launching office customization tool, error =0x80004001

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    35 KB·视图:6
MJ-Tech

MJ-Tech

I am trying to add an office 365 installer from sccm console office 365 client management but I always get an error during the office setting step "failed launching office customization tool, error =0x80004001
Are you trying to import from the client or the server?

If you are trying from a server, please ensure that you have an internet connection and that you are able to access the Office Customization Tool -https://config.office.com/.

then,

Restart the Server& try the option again.
OP
A

Ahmed Hassan

Are you trying to import from the client or the server?

If you are trying from a server, please ensure that you have an internet connection and that you are able to access the Office Customization Tool -https://config.office.com/.

then,

Restart the Server& try the option again.
I am trying to import from the server and I am sure that the server has access to the internet and I am able to access the Office Customization Tool -https://config.office.com/. I will restart the server and try after restart
MJ-Tech

MJ-Tech

Do you receive this error when you click the button?

Verify your content location to see if any corrupted files are there. i.e., target directory must be empty.

Launch the console from the client machine and check whether the problem persists?

We also have another option for installing the 365 app: we can download the offline installer and create a package.
Last edited:
OP
A

Ahmed Hassan

Do you receive this error when you click the button?

Verify your content location to see if any corrupted files are there. i.e., target directory must be empty.

Launch the console from the client machine and check whether the problem persists?

We also have another option for installing the 365 app: we can download the offline installer and create a package.
Yes, I received the error once I click the button. The directory is empty, yes. I will give a try to run it from the client, I will do it by tomorrow and I will inform you with the result.
Finally many thanks for your support.
OP
A

Ahmed Hassan

Yes, I received the error once I click the button. The directory is empty, yes. I will give a try to run it from the client, I will do it by tomorrow and I will inform you with the result.
Finally many thanks for your support.
Hi, I have tried from a client and it seems it's working. but I need to run it from the server. I hope there is a solution to the server problem.
MJ-Tech

MJ-Tech

It's good to see that this tool is working for you on the client PC.

Could you look at Eventviewer to see if you can detect any errors(server)?
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kg2280