SOLVED"Import computer information" not available for specific security scope

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MoeMeiringer

Dear Forum,

I hope someone can help me with the following problem that I've been trying solve for days now without success:
I want to permit a department in my company to import computers to SCCM and add them to a specific device collection where a TSQ is deployed to.
I created a security role for that department that grants the needed permissions, created a security scope that I activated on the subfolder where the collection they should have access to is located and associated the administrative users with that role, scope and collection.
So far so good.. However, the "Import Computer Information" option is greyed out for all those users..
但是当我把盖了n Default security scope with that department, importing computers works just fine (?)
This configuration does not fit my needs because in this scenario, the users of that team see every folder and subfolder in SCCM which is unnecessary since they only have access to this one collection anyways. So they mostly see empty folders, which is confusing for them. (I want them to only see the one subfolder that contains the collection they're permitted to modify)
So my question is, do I have to activate my custom security scope for the department somewhere else in order to make importing computers available for them?
I'm very glad for every tip you can give me

Regards

Attachments

• customScope.PNG
    customScope.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 12
  • defaultScope.PNG
    defaultScope.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 11
  • UserSecuritySettings.PNG
    UserSecuritySettings.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Solution
hasan
Dear Forum,

I hope someone can help me with the following problem that I've been trying solve for days now without success:
I want to permit a department in my company to import computers to SCCM and add them to a specific device collection where a TSQ is deployed to.
I created a security role for that department that grants the needed permissions, created a security scope that I activated on the subfolder where the collection they should have access to is located and associated the administrative users with that role, scope and collection.
So far so good.. However, the "Import Computer Information" option is greyed out for all those users..
但是当我把盖了n Default security scope with that department, importing...
hasan

hasan

Dear Forum,

但是当我把盖了n Default security scope with that department, importing computers works just fine (?)
This configuration does not fit my needs because in this scenario, the users of that team see every folder and subfolder in SCCM which is unnecessary since they only have access to this one collection anyways. So they mostly see empty folders, which is confusing for them. (I want them to only see the one subfolder that contains the collection they're permitted to modify)
So my question is, do I have to activate my custom security scope for the department somewhere else in order to make importing computers available for them?
I'm very glad for every tip you can give me

Regards
Did you already solve this problem? I have solved this as follows:
  1. Go to the Administration workspace in your SCCM console.
  2. Go to Overview > Site Configuration.
  3. Click on Sites.
  4. Right click on your Primary Site.
  5. Click on Set Security Scopes.
  6. Put a check in front of the new security scope.
  7. Click on OK.
Ask your users to close and open the SCCM console. They should be able to import computers.
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squuiid