SOLVEDFolders - move of items in SCCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukas Novy

Lukas Novy

Hello, I am beginner admin of SCCM. So far I have learned how to create some apps, packages and collections. I would like to create a new structure in SCCM by creating new folders like: Production, Testing etc. where I want to move applications, packages, task sequences, operating systems, collections etc. Everything was created by my previous colleague. We have a lot of it in the default root folders. Can I move everything I want? I'm worried if it can affect the functionality. Thank you very much!

Lukas Novy
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

Hello, I am beginner admin of SCCM. So far I have learned how to create some apps, packages and collections. I would like to create a new structure in SCCM by creating new folders like: Production, Testing etc. where I want to move applications, packages, task sequences, operating systems, collections etc. Everything was created by my previous colleague. We have a lot of it in the default root folders. Can I move everything I want? I'm worried if it can affect the functionality. Thank you very much!

Lukas Novy
moving a package, application, TS or OS within SCCM console doesnt affect functionality but moving the package content within the network share or the distribution point does affect functionality. in your case nothing will be affected.
Reactions: Lukas Novy
OP
Lukas Novy

Lukas Novy

moving a package, application, TS or OS within SCCM console doesnt affect functionality but moving the package content within the network share or the distribution point does affect functionality. in your case nothing will be affected.
That's great! And Is possible to move Device collections (with various type of memebership for example query rules etc.) too without affect on functionality? Yes, It´s only within SCCM console.

Thank you very much for your Help!
Garth

Garth

Staff member
That's great! And Is possible to move Device collections (with various type of memebership for example query rules etc.) too without affect on functionality? Yes, It´s only within SCCM console.

Thank you very much for your Help!
Yes you can move them too.
Reactions: Lukas Novy
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.