SOLVEDCreate Extra Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nitin_ted

Nitin_ted

I am seeking some assistance or advice regarding a configuration matter. Currently, my PXE is functioning properly, but I have only configured the C drive. I have received a request from my seniors to create a D drive and allocate 500GB of storage, divided equally between C and D (50-50).

While exploring a solution, I came across the following link: [//www.photo-critics.com/create-extra-partition-in-mdt/]. However, I am unsure about the reference to MDT. Could you please provide clarification on what MDT stands for in this context?

Any guidance or recommendations you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

1689565630419.png
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

I am seeking some assistance or advice regarding a configuration matter. Currently, my PXE is functioning properly, but I have only configured the C drive. I have received a request from my seniors to create a D drive and allocate 500GB of storage, divided equally between C and D (50-50).

While exploring a solution, I came across the following link: [//www.photo-critics.com/create-extra-partition-in-mdt/]. However, I am unsure about the reference to MDT. Could you please provide clarification on what MDT stands for in this context?

Any guidance or recommendations you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 5413
MDT is microsoft deployment toolkit which is integrated into SCCM. you can use the same in your task sequence as the configuration you posted in the photo just change the % from 60-100 into 50 - 100. you will end up with a disk of 50% for C drive and 49% for D drive
OP
Nitin_ted

Nitin_ted

MDT is microsoft deployment toolkit which is integrated into SCCM. you can use the same in your task sequence as the configuration you posted in the photo just change the % from 60-100 into 50 - 100. you will end up with a disk of 50% for C drive and 49% for D drive
Hi@AhmedLSThanks for your quick reply. If I delete EFI and MSR from Volumes. Does it affect task sequence?
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

Hi@AhmedLSThanks for your quick reply. If I delete EFI and MSR from Volumes. Does it affect task sequence?
the EFI is the most imprtant partition otherwise your windows won't boot. i am not sure actually what would happen if you delete the MSR. i always had it on my task sequence. as far as i know it stores the bootloader files when installing windows so technically it is as important as the EFI partition.
OP
Nitin_ted

Nitin_ted

Hi Guys, I did 50% for my C drive but I don't see D drive after OSD finishes. i can see only a C drive which is 204GB free of 238GB. But no D drive. Users don't have access to manage partitions. so can please share how to fix this?1692265823624.png
1692266487532.png
Last edited:
AhmedLS

AhmedLS

Hi Guys, I did 50% for my C drive but I don't see D drive after OSD finishes. i can see only a C drive which is 204GB free of 238GB. But no D drive. Users don't have access to manage partitions. so can please share how to fix this?View attachment 5510
View attachment 5511
you have chosen Recovery as 100% of remaining space which is whatever left of the disk (currently 238GB). you have to put another step like 98% as D drive of remaining space then recovery 100% of whatever left. actually you dont need the recovery partition so just use whatever left as a new data partition
OP
Nitin_ted

Nitin_ted

you have chosen Recovery as 100% of remaining space which is whatever left of the disk (currently 238GB). you have to put another step like 98% as D drive of remaining space then recovery 100% of whatever left. actually you dont need the recovery partition so just use whatever left as a new data partition
@AhmedLSYou mean like this? sorry i'm new to OSD if i did wrong can you share step or screenshot? i want to keep Recovery just in case.
1692321339771.png
Status
Not open for further replies.

最新的文章

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squuiid