PENDINGCCMExec, smstsmgr, CmRcService services disabled during W10 IPU and not reenabled

C

chriswhite2708

Hello, new here!

We have a Task Sequence configured for an OSUpgradePack to take W10 clients to 22H2, this works fine in terms of the upgrade. However once the upgrade is complete the following services are disabled and do not automatically restart:

CCMExec
TSManager
CmRcService

See below a snip from the clients SMSTS.log showing the client exiting provisioning mode and disabling the services, at no other point in the log are the services referenced, I would expect to see them 'Renenabled'
1687518494229.png

Any ideas please?
OP
C

chriswhite2708

So I think we have a fix for this, I have tested successfully on a couple of devices today by adding in a task in the post processing step of the Task Sequence to run a PowerShell script to restart the services. The Smsts.log shows the script being called as part of the TS but does not show the services being reenabled, however they were running on the devices after the upgrade. the PS is:

Set-Service -Name CmRcService -StartupType Automatic
Set-Service -Name ccmexec -StartupType Automatic
Set-Service -Name smstsmgr -StartupType Manual

@Danathis may work for you as well?
D

dana.corson

So I think we have a fix for this, I have tested successfully on a couple of devices today by adding in a task in the post processing step of the Task Sequence to run a PowerShell script to restart the services. The Smsts.log shows the script being called as part of the TS but does not show the services being reenabled, however they were running on the devices after the upgrade. the PS is:

Set-Service -Name CmRcService -StartupType Automatic
Set-Service -Name ccmexec -StartupType Automatic
Set-Service -Name smstsmgr -StartupType Manual

@Danathis may work for you as well?
Thanks Chris, I'll give this a try.