PENDINGBackup for client device

Nitin_ted

Nitin_ted

My current company not doing any backup for client device. They dont want to purchase any software.
so i have few questions if any can guide me regarding backup.

--> Any option in SCCM where i copy client desktop and documents folders to destination (other server)?
--> Or PowerShell script to run from sccm script.
--> I used batch file 5-6years back (using task-scheduler ) but now i dont recall the batch file.

Anyone please advise?
Youssef Saad

Youssef Saad

Staff member
If it's a one shot backup, you can use a PowerShell script to make a copy of those data, but they will be not updated. If you would like to have the current user data, the best is to puchase a dedicated backup software to handle that.
Garth

Garth

Staff member
My current company not doing any backup for client device. They dont want to purchase any software.
so i have few questions if any can guide me regarding backup.

--> Any option in SCCM where i copy client desktop and documents folders to destination (other server)?
--> Or PowerShell script to run from sccm script.
--> I used batch file 5-6years back (using task-scheduler ) but now i dont recall the batch file.

Anyone please advise?
There is nothing builtin to CM to back up Docs.
Sure you can use PowerShell but that will NEVER guarantee that everything is done or update.

Honestly, if the business doesn't want to purchase SW to preform a back up, it means that they clearly don't care about the data and the data has no value to them.

我想找份新工作,因为它显然不是omething you company wants to invest in.
OP
Nitin_ted

Nitin_ted

There is nothing builtin to CM to back up Docs.
Sure you can use PowerShell but that will NEVER guarantee that everything is done or update.

Honestly, if the business doesn't want to purchase SW to preform a back up, it means that they clearly don't care about the data and the data has no value to them.

我想找份新工作,因为它显然不是omething you company wants to invest in.
@Youssef SaadI want script to overwrite the data. i can run manually or make schedule. I prepare small script but its not picking up the documents properly. Even Chatgpt script not working.
@GarthYes, i feel the same way. So many things unprofessional make me angry.

Anyone if have a batch file please share. i really appreciate.